New apartments and rental properties in urban are now using KPLC prepaid meters this points the reason You need to know how to pay KPLC bill via Mpesa paybill number, from the comfort of your office or home.
Follow the below steps to use the KPLC paybill number to top-up your KPLC prepaid electricity meter number:
How do I pay my prepaid electricity bill through MPESA?
- On your Safaricom menu, select M-PESA from the column
- Select Lipa na M-PESA, then click on Pay Bill.
- Please mind that the Pay bill number for KPLC prepaid meters is 888880.
- Enter in full your KPLC prepaid meter number
- Then enter the amount you want to pay, which cannot be less than 100 Kshs and not more than 35,000 Kshs. Once that’s done click OK
- You will be required by M-PESA to supply your M-Pesa PIN.
- Be sure to double check that you have supplied the correct information (the pay bill number and your Kenya Power account number) and the right amount.
- You will be sent a confirmation SMS into your mobile from M-PESA, standby as KPLC finalizes the transaction and send you your token which is usually a 20 digit code. Once you receive the code, take to your meter and supply the code and you will immediately be credited.
If you stumble on any issue in the process. Use the contact details below to reach KPLC customer care and tell them about what went wrong.
KPLC customer care contacts